Sunday, July 23, 2017
Universal Wage Code And Gratuity
Information received on Whatsapp and Facebook is reproduced below.
Good news for bankers as well as labour, workers, employees & officers of industries, undertakings of public & Private sector of economy across country ie organized and unorganized sectors. The Labour Ministry under the aegis of Modi led NDA Govt. are going to pass a bill *"Universal Wage Code"* in the coming monsoon session of Lok Sabha to bring parity in wage payments. The Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has already passed the proposal. It is expected that the Govt is going to decide wages of all at par with Central Pay Commission of Central Govt. Employees.
Following are the benefits of passing this bill to bankers as well as all employees/workers/Officers across the country (both private & public sector) :
1. Salary/wages will be universally uniformly paid to all employees scale wise based on the seniority. Eg. Police Officers,IAS officers, LIC officers, Bank Officers, Railway Officers, Army Officers will get equal salaries.
2. Minimum wages/Basic pay to be fixed as Rs 18000+other allowances as applicable in case of govt/semi govt employees.
3. No wages less than rs 18000 can be paid by state Govts/ Private Companies however they will be free to pay wages more than this.
4. There will be no unionism to enhance/deal wages & salaries of workers of any sector's of economy.
5. The government will ensure payment of uniform, reasonable wages to all workers, employees & Officers across country .
6. There will be no exploitation of unskilled hard working labours in private as well as public sectors of economy.
7.Post retirement benefits of Public Sector/Government employees will be uniform irrespective of Department, State or Central Govt. Standards.
8. Other benefits will also be paid uniformly to all like SPF/PF/Gratuity/LTC /LFC/medical reimbursements for self and dependents etc.
After exploring the news connected to uniform wage , Following news came to light.
This is a news item published in Financial Express on 12th of July this year. your letter appears to give larger dimension to wage code drafted by the government. However let us wait for the truth to emerge during ongoing Monsoon session of the Parliament.
In the same way, we have been getting the news for last one year that GOI is likely to introduce bill related to hike in ceiling for gratuity and hike in IT relief upto Rs.20.00 lakh but in fact the bill not yet submitted in Parliament till now.
We are hopeful that the same (Both of bills mentioned above, wage code bill and gratuity amendment bill ) will be produced in the current session. In this connection also, we are yet unaware of truth .
News published on wage code in Financial Express on 12th of July this year is posted in brief herein below.
The union cabinet is likely to approve on Wednesday the code on wages which proposes making minimum wages a statutory right for all employees.
The bill related to the code will then be tabled in the ensuing monsoon session of Parliament. Minimum wages is now applicable to 51 “scheduled employments” only. The code on wages amalgamates the provisions of four extant Acts — the Minimum Wages Act, 1948, The Payment of Wages Act, 1936, The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965, and the Equal Remuneration Act, 1976. It aims at reducing disparity in minimum wages across states.The Act will empower the Centre to notify a “national minimum wage” (below which no state can fix their minimum wages) and this will be revised every two years (five years if the dearness allowance becomes part of the minimum wages).The code on wages is the most non-controversial among the two others which have already been drafted.
com/money/wage-code-good-news- for-workers-narendra-modi- government-set-to-clear- proposal-that-guarantees- minimum-pay-to-all-employees/ 759656/
News published in Economic Times is in following link