At first read following satire and then read some facts. My opinion ion also posted thereafter.
Aadhaar People who just give any detail, without even bothering which details, to download a silly app, are up in arms against Aadhar linking saying they lose their privacy. Strange! Conversation between Aadhar, Apple and Samsung* *Aadhar* - I have Biometric information of people who posses me *Apple* - I too have the same *Samsung* - I too have what's new *Aadhar* - But Why People Criticise me I only take it once from the people *Apple* - 😂😂😂😂 I take finger print and eye scan daily and People love giving it and pay 50000 to buy me *Aadhar* - OMG Why ? But they say Some one can steal these biometric from me. Don't they say to you ? *Apple* - 🖕 Off I actually save every information on IPhone backup Server But they love me because I am costly. Indians love Costly death *Aadhar* - They say I am not secured despit the fact I am encrypted *Apple* - Look Do you remember when FBI took data from us ? It's not about encryption I gave all data to US Intelligence *Samsung* - I too 😂😂😂 My brothers like Vivo , Xiomi do the same and Chinese take it *Aadhar* - But Why Only I am cursed ? *Apple and Samsung unitedly* - It is because you are Indian and possessed by Indian People who needs excuses to abuse their own Indian Government. You become that Excuse, We are brands people give 40K- 50 K and give all details like Location, GPS, Contacts, Biometric every damn thing and Love Posting on *Facebook* - Hey That's my New IPhone 😄
Now Read some useful information about Adhar
How Aadhaar compares to other biometric national identification systems around the world-Published in First Post on 5th April 2017
The Aadhaar program is one of the technology success stories of India, and is an initiative unparalleled in scope anywhere else in the world. India is leading the way in the implementation of a national identification program linked to biometric data. As of March 2017, 113 crore residents in India have an Aadhaar card, which is roughly 88.6 percent of the projected population.
One of Facebook member writes on Facebook expressing how it is dangerous to link Adhar with all activities reportedly made mandatory by Government of India. I am submitting below first what he has expressed about the risk associated with Aadhar linkages and then submit below what I feel about it.
The current conundrum facing the Supreme Court.
Being a centralized database, it just takes a few seconds to switch off your Aadhaar authentication. That can deny you your own money, deny you any movement, deny you any form of communication. You can’t hide behind an alias. It is linked to your biometrics. The government doesn’t need to even arrest you. It can just deny your existence in a matter of few seconds. You aren’t dead, but you can be termed dead in a matter of few seconds. You can be Switched Off!
Height of the matter is that we do not trust our own government which is elected by process defined by our own Constitution. We have all rights to criticise wrong policies and we may put forward our valid suggestions for making a policy more transparent and risk free. But doubt all acts without applying our wisdom and experience is like opposing all what ruling party does and supporting what any of opposition party says about ruling party. This sheep mentality is not good for the health of the country as also for Individuals in general.
They want total freedom to do whatever they like but when an untoward incident takes place, they will put entire blame on government. Rules are framed to catch culprit. Police thana or a traffic police is there to catch one or two percent of law breakers only. But for this purpose 99% of population have to accept and follow the rule in true spirit.
We have to keep in memory that trust is the first key to success. If you start doubting all, no one will come to you for any help, even your close relatives will move away from you.
I submit below some advantages and disadvantages collected from internet . Government of India as also Supreme Court will dwell upon points which may pose threat to privacy of Individual and suggest adequate protective steps
- Jhan Dhan Yojana – Aadhaar Card is used as the major document of proof when opening a bank account under the Pradhan Mantri Jhan Dhan Yojana in the nation. The bank account comes with great set of benefits like free zero balance saving account, RuPay Card, accident insurance and more.
- Direct Benefit Transfer – Aadhar Card linked bank account will get their set of LPG Subsidy directly accredited in the bank account. All you need is to link Aadhaar Number to the 17-digit LPG consumer identification under the PAHAL Scheme.
- Monthly Pension and Provident Fund – As per the new changes in rule, a person needs to link their Aadhaar Card to their respective pension account and provident fund. A person who has registered their Aadhaar Card as per the rule will have the amount credited to their bank account.
- Avail New Bank account – Straying away from the old rule that requires submission of multiple documents for the opening of bank account, Aadhaar Card has been a timely intervention. Aadhaar Card is now accepted by the banks as part of the valid id proof for opening a bank account. It also acts as the address proof of the applicant and validates their credentials. No more requirements for the baggage of documents when opening a bank account now.
- Passport and Voter ID – Aadhaar Card will relieve you of the lengthy procedure while obtaining Passport. An applicant who uses Aadhaar Card as part of the procedure can get the Passport in just 10 days. Furthermore, a change in rules and laws have regarded Aadhaar Card as a compulsory document for obtaining Passport.
- Starting from the 9th of March, 2015, every Voter ID will be linked to Aadhaar Card in a bid to eliminate the bogus voters. That being said, a legal voter will get absolute right to use his powers granted by the law. It’s only for those illegal holders of multiple Voter ID that will be hampered.
- Foreign Handling of the data – As Aadhaar Project is being handled by private companies who won the round of auctions. The project is also set to entertain Foreign Companies in terms of research and development. Such a step might lead to data erosion to the foreign body which in the hindsight will compromise the privacy of the individuals of India.
- Problems Arising due to Centralization – As the Unique Identification Scheme is governed by the supreme authority of the nation, there might arise problems pertaining to the centralization of it. The centralization of power will create different unorthodox issues for government and people as a whole. As such a mighty disadvantage lurking in for the Aadhaar based identification is the centralization of power attached to.
- Uneasy nature of Usage – In a mass of population where illiteracy and rural lifestyle are still burgeoning around, using Aadhaar card can be a tricky thing to be negotiated. Many still find using Aadhaar Card and its mirage of offerings as one of the bane rather than as a boon for the nation. Only when the population is able to cope with the usage of Aadhaar Card can that be named as successful enough.