Friday, July 14, 2017

Interact With Prime Minister?????

I had submitted some suggestions to PMO on proposed merger and consolidation of banks . It is painful that PMO has closed the case by saying that the PMO portal is only for redressal of public grievances and not for suggestions. Here it is important to say that PMO site constructed with title like "Interact with Prime Minister " clearly invite suggestions from common men . It is different that whenever on clicks to "Interact with Prime Minister" available on PMO site it leads to Public Grievance portal. 

In the past , this portal had option for submission of only matter related to public grievance. But in recent past, they added one more subject named "Suggestions and Feedback" in their dropdown menu. I do not know whether this addition was meant for name sake only.

I have got a response from PMO that since the portal is meant for submission of public grievance only, my chapter related to suggestion has been closed. This has hurt me a lot. 

If PMO acts in such a casual manner, public representatives like MLAs and MPs also act in the same manner and this is why these public representatives seldom respond to public query. They also act when there is violent agitation , strike , rally and other effective dharnas against policies of the government. 

This is why people do not have trust on their public representatives like MLA and MPs and hence these fellows in general  carry very much poor and pathetic image in public domain. Position of public offices, government departments , banks and other PSUs is much more pathetic and disheartening. I still hope that situation under Modi rule will improve

I have however given following feedback to PMO in response to their information of closure of the case.
I would like to say here that this portal has made special provision for submission of suggestion also. Whenever one clicks on "interact with PM" site leads to this portal only. This portal in drop down menu has many options out of which one is for suggestion and feedback.

Your reply is therefore contradictory to your own declared policy . It gives a message that PMO does not want suggestion and only pretend to honour suggestions from common men. 

I never expected that PMO under leadership of person like respected Sri Narendra Modi will only act as forwarding agent of complaint received as other departments and offices have been doing for years and decades. There is no surprising to me if I observe other departments like Bank or LIC or BSNL responding in such manner. 

Neither do I expect that Government of India should certainly agree with my suggestion. But it is undoubtedly certain that the culture of seeking suggestion is excellently good and gives scope for improvement in policy and quality of execution of policies framed by our government. 

Therefore your response that this portal is meant for only grievance speak bad about you and gives me sour taste about such highest office of the country. If PMO respond in such manner ,it will be wondering in dreamland if I expect some better result from other offices and departments.

Perhaps this is why people say that there is mismatch between with what government thinks, what it speaks and what it actually do. Very sad . It tarnishes the image of Mr Modi as well. I am however great fan of Mr. Modi and I will continue to think best for the country as well as for God like person Mr. Narendra Modi. 
I am a small person in front of your office. I am do nothing if you close all cases in the same fashion. But I may voice my sound someway or the other , always for betterment not for my self interest. 

I am very much disheartened from your response.

In case of my complaints or suggestions  sent to you from time to time regarding poor service of LIC, Bank or BSNL , it appears to me that all have all been ignored and thrown by saying that it is not a grievance. This reflects sorry state of affairs⁠⁠⁠⁠. I pray God that government offices will improve in the culture of public response and in welfare of common men without waiting for any abnormal act. God bless you and all. Please excuse me for what I have written above and if you find there is any merit , you may act upon it or ignore it. Thanking you , with regards , Danendra Jain

14th July 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment